Do you feel like your hormones are out of control? How to reset your hormones shifts with time? Some signs and symptoms: mood swings, weight gain, brain fog, hot flashes, migraines, bloating, hormonal acne or fatigue, etc
Some signs and symptoms of hormone imbalances include:
Changes in mood, depression and anxiety, infertility or menstrual irregularity, low libido, des bouffées de chaleurs, tired, changes in appetite and digestive issues, hair loss and hair thinning, gaining or losing weight (that’s unexplained), not sleeping well
Some specific problems are associated with some of the most common hormonal symptoms:
- Estrogen dominance: changes in sleep patterns, changes in weight and appetite, higher perceived stress, slowed metabolism
- PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome): infertility, weight gain, higher risk for diabetes, acne, abnormal hair growth
- Low estrogen: low sex drive, reproductive problems, menstrual irregularity, changes in mood
- Hypothyroidism: slowed metabolism, weight gain, fatigue, anxiety, irritability, digestive issues, irregular periods
- Low testosterone: erectile dysfunction, muscle loss, weight gain, fatigue, mood-related problems
- Hyperthyroidism & Grave’s Disease: anxiety, thinning hair, weight loss, IBS, trouble sleeping, irregular heartbeats
- Diabetes: weight gain, nerve damage (neuropathy), higher risk for vision loss, fatigue, trouble breathing, dry mouth, skin problems
- Adrenal fatigue: fatigue, muscle aches and pains, anxiety and depression, trouble sleeping, brain fog, reproductive problems
Symptoms of hormonal imbalances can range drastically depending on what type of disorder or illness they cause, for example:
High estrogen can contribute to problems including endometriosis and reproductive issues
Some symptoms of diabetes often include weight gain, changes in appetite, nerve damage, and problems with eyesight.
A. The saliva cortisol test – Taking 4 samples of cortisol (at 8 am, noon, 5 pm, and before bedtime) is the most accurate. With multiple samples taken throughout the day, we are able to map the daily diurnal curve of free cortisol in the body relative to DHEA level. This will give us a much clearer picture of adrenal function
B. The first step for recovering from adrenal fatigue is to check, you do not have a candida overgrowth or small intestinal bacterial overgrowth
The intestinal is the foundation of your health, especially for brain and hormonal health.
Genes that make methylation happen can be mutated in some of us. This decreases methylation and can cause a variety of health issues.
D. The saliva DHEA can be measured anytime during the day
E. CHECK YOUR LEVELS of VITAMIN D
How to reset your hormones shifts with time? Change the diet, start to eat !
In your body is the whole hormonal team! And the state of balance is the pillar of your health !
1. Cut out WHITE SUGAR and WHITE FLOUR and TRANS FAT
2. Cut out CAFFEINE and ALCOHOL
3. Cut out processed and JUNK FOODS
4. LIMIT FRUITS
5. Eat VEGETABLES and more green SUPERFOODS: Leafy greens like and Asparagus – this sulfur-rich vegetable also contains B vitamin folate.
6. Eat often, and at REGULAR times (5-6 frequent small meals instead of 3 large meals) and NEVER SKIP BREAKFAST!!
7. Eat nutrient proteins:
• grass-fed ORGAN MEATS- liver
• Wild-caught fish are rich in omega3, like Alaskan salmon
• Oysters are rich in zinc, a great way to balance the proper trace mineral ratio and adaptation to stress.
8. Eat every day healthy FATS: avocado, full-fat kefir, coconut oil
9.Try to practice EARTHING, walking barefoot outside practice Yoga, meditate.
10. Eat adaptogenic herbs,like: ashwagandha, holy basil and rhodiola to give the adrenal axis some TLC. The best if you consult your doctor first before use those supplements
|Carbohydrates||Good Choice||Reasons||Bad Choice||Reasons|
|Vegetables – green leafy||Vitamins, Minerals, Antioxidants, fiber||Most Tuber vegetables (potatoes, tapioca)||High glycemic index|
|Onions, Green Onions, Chives, Garlic||Antibacterial, antiviral, anticarcinogenic|
|Cabbage, Broccoli, Cauliflower||Prevent estrogen dominance causing cancer.|
|Tomatoes (both raw and cook)||High Vitamin C and lycopene for CA prevention|
|Tubor vegetables in moderation – (carrots, beets, sweet potatoes)||Beta Carotene – good antioxidant|
|Whole Fruits –||Vitamins, Minerals, Antioxidants, fiber||Fruits (banana, Watermelon)||High glycemic index|
|Lemon, Lime||Keep the body alkaline||Fruit Juices||High sugar content, low fiber|
|Soybean Products in moderation||Cancer prevention|
|Blueberry, grapes||Protect the Heart|
|Whole Grains||B-Vitamins, Insoluble fiber|
|Oats, Barley||Soluble fiber, Lower Cholesterol||White Rice||High glycemic index|
|Pasta made with duram wheat||Low to medium glycemic index||White Flour||High glycemic index|
|Basmati Rice||Low glycemic index|
|Protein||Good Choice||Reasons||Bad Choice||Reasons|
|Legumes||Soluble fiber||Peanuts||Aflatoxin (carcinogen)|
|Nuts||High in Monounsaturated fats|
|Deep water fish||High in Omega 3 Fatty Acid||Coastal Fish||Toxic Metals|
|Organic Eggs||Best Biological Value Protein for Human||Red Meats||Acid forming, Carcinogenic, Increase Hormone|
|Nuts||Monounsaturated fatty acid (lower chol), fibers||Dairy||Allegen, Hormone Increase|
|Fat||Good Choice||Reasons||Bad Choice||Reasons|
|Avocado||Monounsaturated fatty acid (lower chol)||Margarine||Hydrogenated Oil – carcinogenic|
|Olive Oil||Monounsaturated fatty acid (lower chol)||Deep Fried Food||Hydrogenated Oil – carcinogenic|
|Polyunsaturated Oil when not heated||High in Omega 6 fatty acid||Chips||Hydrogenated Oil – carcinogenic|
|Saturated Fats-Palm||Increase Chol|
|Polyunsaturated Oil when Heated||Hydrogenated Oil – carcinogenic|
|Soft Drinks||Acidic, high sugar|
|Desserts||High in sugar, high in hydrogenated fats|
|co||Sugar||Empty calories, Increase TG, Inc Chol, Dental Caries|
15. Eat SUPLEMENTS:
• Vitamin D – when you have the laboratory test result and there are deficits
• Vitamin C in a large dose,
• A good quality probiotic, zinc, MAGNESIUM,
• Thistle oil and evening primrose oil
• Beet kvas taken on an empty stomach or water with lemon ensures a gentle but permanent detoxification